The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is continuing to evolve and both our professional and personal lives are being impacted. Listed below are helpful information and links to help you stay abreast of the latest developments impacting your profession.
Suburban West REALTORS® Association
The Association office began a “soft” opening on Monday, June 8th with limited staff and reduced hours of 8:00am to 3:00pm. Visitors will be accepted with appointments only. Click here to view safety protocols that will be employed by staff and visitors.
Suburban West and Association of REALTORS® School has begun to schedule in-person classes. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, attendance will be limited and other safety measures will be required of attendees including the wearing of masks at all times while in the building. Click here for the schedule of upcoming classes.
The Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission has extended the license renewal deadline to August 29, 2020 (from May 31st). Note that the renewal requirements are otherwise unchanged. The Commission’s PALS portal is now accepting renewals (click here to access the portal and click here to access the renewal FAQ on PALS). It is not recommended that licensees log in to renew their license until they’ve completed the 14 hours of continuing education. Please note that the Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® had strongly advocated for an extension and are grateful to the Pennsylvania Department of State’s Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs and State Real Estate Commission for this decision.
Be advised that Suburban West has also extended the deadline that existing MCE Season Pass holders can use their already purchased pass. The pass can be used by already existing MCE Season Pass holders towards any 2018-2020 continuing education classes offered through August 29th at the Malvern location and satellite locations of the Association of REALTORS® School.
The CARE Act passed by the Federal Government does provide that self-employed individuals may be eligible for unemployment compensation. The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance application is now available online. If you have any questions, the Department of Labor & Industry has a set of frequently asked questions available for review. PAR has also developed a Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: Guide for REALTORS®.
To help members continue better themselves with information on COVID-19’s impact on real estate and other pertinent topics to Suburban West has scheduled a multitude of upcoming virtual meetings and seminars. Click here for a schedule of upcoming sessions.
Click here to access recordings of previous sessions, including COVID-19 and Standard Forms, Estimating the Impact of COVID-19 on the Region’s Housing Market and Economy, SRA’s Legislative Town Hall Meeting, Force Majeure and Commercial Real Estate, HUD Guidance on Service Animals/Use of Criminal Records, and Bright Webinars.
The Association of REALTORS® School makes available online courses through its vendor relationship with OnCourse Learning. Click here to access the list of online continuing education classes and packages.
Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
- Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
- Unemployment Compensation and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Programs FAQ
- Real Estate in the Age of COVID-19 – Suggested Best Practices
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: A Guide for REALTORS
- All Real Estate in Pennsylvania Re-opened With New Guidance (posted May 20, 2020)
- A Conversation About the COVID-19 Addendum and Liability – Recorded Facebook Live Event (posted May 1, 2020)
- Guidance on State’s Revised Guidelines (posted April 30, 2020)
- Nearly 8,000 REALTORS® Respond to Call-to-Action (posted April 15, 2020)
- PAR Files Brief Supporting Lawsuit to Request Governor to Designate Real Estate as a Life-Sustaining Business (posted April 3, 2020)
- PAR CEO Update on Organization’s Coronavirus-Related Efforts (Facebook video posted March 30, 2020)
- Real Estate License Renewal and CE Requirements Extended (posted March 27, 2020)
- Governor Authorizes Temporary Use of Remote Online Notarization (posted March 27, 2020)
- PAR Officers: Follow Governor’s Orders (posted March 26, 2020)
- PAR Legal Counsel Offers Thoughts on COVID Restrictions (posted March 25, 2020)
- Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® – COVID-19 Addendum Available for Use (posted March 19, 2020)
Additional State Association Resources
- Bright Steps Initiative – Bright Resources for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Bright Steps Webinar Series – Upcoming Webinars and Recordings
- COVID-19 Market Trends
- Bright Steps: Virtual Open House Option Now Available (posted April 7, 2020)
- Bright Steps: Your Virtual Toolkit (posted March 30, 2020)
- VIDEO – Creating a Virtual Showing with YouTube (posted March 25, 2020)
- VIDEO – Entering a Virtual Showing in Showing Time (posted March 25, 2020)
Suburban REALTORS® Alliance
National Association of REALTORS®
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
- Coronavirus: Resources for Property Owners
- NAR Right Tools, Right Now Program – NAR products and services available for FREE or significantly discounted
- NAR Flash Survey Report: Economic Pulse (posted April 30, 2020)
- NAR Offers Members TeleHealth to REALTORS® at No Cost in Response to COVID-19 Crisis (posted April 2, 2020)
- NAR Overview of Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Act (posted March 27, 2020)
- NAR Wins Major Provisions for REALTORS® (posted March 26, 2020)
- Shelter-In-Place Guidance During COVID-19 (posted March 26, 2020)
- FHFA Directs Enterprises to Grant Flexibilities for Appraisal and Employment Verifications (posted March 24, 2020)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Open House Guidance
- Relief for small business/ICs: NAR’s first letter and follow-up letter to Congressional leaders. NAR also signed a coalition letter.
- Essential Real Estate Services: NAR is working with state associations to request that certain real estate services be deemed “essential services” during emergency declarations.
- 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- SECURE Notarization Act
- Opportunity Zones
Resources on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Heath Organization
- NAR: Sellers Adopt Showing Procedures to Minimize Coronavirus Spread
- Inman: We talked to 21 multiple listing services about their coronavirus preparations. Here’s what they said
- Inman: 7 tips for protecting your real estate business in this fearful time
- Inman: How to properly clean and disinfect your real estate office