The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is what stands between you and the constant threats to your business – a sales tax on your commission, higher taxes on your business and increasing the Real Estate Taxes. Members who then contribute to RPAC not only help improve the business climate, but also reduce liability and ultimately receive direct savings.
Throughout the year, members are encouraged to make a voluntary financial contribution that really is an investment in the future of the industry. 100% of your contribution is used to elect pro-REALTOR® candidates, regardless of party affiliation. For instance in 2014, contributions were made to 51% Republican candidates and 49% Democratic candidates.
Click here to access the list of 2016 RPAC investors.
To best demonstrate this, the following are just the latest legislative victories that your RPAC investment has had a vital role in helping both REALTORS® and homeowners.
- Provided support to local candidates in Delaware County, Chester County and the Main Line
- Lobbied against an increase to the local portion of the real estate transfer tax in Upper Providence, Delaware County
- Supporting the implementation of housing elements within Chester County’s plan for growth, Landscapes II
- Opposing repeated calls to tax services, including real estate commissions
- Advocated against the passage of “certificate of clearance” legislation
- Opposing real estate transfer tax increase
- Protecting affordable, safe financing for American families by supporting legislation that would strengthen the FHA mortgage insurance program, make permanent the higher FHA loan limits and exercise caution before considering additional proposals that may have a profound adverse impact on FHA programs that serve such a critical role for our nation’s families
- Increasing the political and grassroots power of REALTORS®
- Keeping nationally chartered banks out of the Real Estate brokerage business
If you have questions about RPAC or are interested in making your investment, please contact Steve Farace at email@example.com or call 610-560-4800.