**Bright MLS Training at Suburban West – Click Here for Upcoming Dates**
Bright MLS was created from a desire to be the change that real estate professionals demand. Now serving an area that stretches from central Pennsylvania through Maryland to Northern Virginia back up through Delaware and the Philadelphia metropolitan area, Bright is the largest MLS in the United States, It provides subscribers with access to listing information for a larger geographic area, modern, easy-to-use systems and apps to serve your clients and run your business, and a comprehensive ecosystem of robust property information and analytics.
July 30: Release Notes
- Gallery Report and Display added for the Farm property type – Client and Agent Gallery reports and displays are now available for the Farm property type.
- Changed MLS Area and City field names in Search to MLS Area (Municipality in NJ & PA) and Postal City – To help provide better clarity when searching for listings located in a particular municipality and city area, we renamed both the MLS Area and City field names in Search to MLS Area (Municipality in PA & NJ) and Postal City. To learn more, view this article.
- Renamed Postal Code field names available on One-Line reports and as optional Search fields to Zip Code and Zip Code + 4 – The Postal Code and Postal Code + 4 search field names have been renamed to Zip Code and Zip Code + 4 on all One-Line reports and are available as additional search fields.
- Co-Listing Broker field header added to Agent Full reports – For listings that have a co-listing office different than the listing office, a label header has been added to Agent Full reports below the Listing Office section called Co-Listing Broker. It will display the co-listing broker’s name and license number.
- Listings imported from MRIS are being updated to reflect missing Legal Subdivision data – Subscribers have reported listings that were entered in MRIS are missing Legal Subdivision information in Bright. A total of 561,000 listings are being updated to reflect this information over the next several days.
Bright MLS provides ongoing training, both in-person and through online resources.
- Click here to access a list of upcoming training sessions at Suburban West’s office in Malvern
- Click here to access video training modules on the Bright MLS YouTube channel
Even if you are fairly comfortable with the new system, changes will be ongoing, and even the smallest change can be uncomfortable or difficult to navigate. Your active participation and feedback will help ensure you can use Bright MLS to your best advantage. We ask that you please:
* Read your Bright emails.
* Attend training classes either in person or online.
* Take the actions requested in a timely manner.
* Look carefully at your listing data in Bright and share any discrepancies you find.
* Search the Online Help topics, watch videos, and take advantage of available resources.
Bright’s Support Center works with members to address problems that you may encounter within the system. Members can contact Bright Support 7 days a week via:
- Phone: 1-844-552-7444
- Email: email@example.com
Go to brightmls.com for more information.