**Bright MLS Training at Suburban West – Click Here for Upcoming Dates**
Bright MLS was created from a desire to be the change that real estate professionals demand. Now serving an area that stretches from central Pennsylvania through Maryland to Northern Virginia back up through Delaware and the Philadelphia metropolitan area, Bright is the largest MLS in the United States, It provides subscribers with access to listing information for a larger geographic area, modern, easy-to-use systems and apps to serve your clients and run your business, and a comprehensive ecosystem of robust property information and analytics.
Entry Floor Number has been renamed Unit Entry Floor – Based on numerous requests, it is now easier to enter and search for what floor the entrance to a condominium or apartment unit is located on. “Entry Floor Number” will now be called “Unit Entry Floor” in both Listing Management and Search.
As this information is extremely helpful to potential buyers, Bright are also making the field required for the following structure types:
- Penthouse Unit/Flat/Apartment
Please note: If you have an on-market listing in one of these structure types and there is no Unit Entry Floor specified, you will need to add this information before you can update or publish your listing. Learn more here.
Other updates to Listing Management –
- Definitions for the following fields were improved to make them more understandable and applicable across property types:
- List Price
- List Agent
- Co List Agent
- Selling Agent
- Co Selling Agent
- List Agreement Cancel Date
- Close Date
- Close Price
These definitions are integrated directly into Listing Management and are accessible by clicking within the field or on the associated help icon of your display/device.
- Bright made it easier to find, add, and update information throughout Listing Management by replacing hyperlinks and buttons with more prominent graphics:
The following changes were made to the Financial Calculators –
- Bookmarks saved from the Preview page of a Buyer Closing Cost or Seller Net Sheet will now redirect you to the input form so the page loads automatically.
- Clients can now open a Buyer Closing Cost or Seller Net Sheet from an email that was sent from a Bright subscriber using the Act As functionality.
- For listings in Carroll County, Maryland where the Municipality is Unincorporated, the Transfer Tax on the Buyer Closing Cost now reflects 0.25% of the sales price when First Time Buyer = No and 0% when First Time Buyer = Yes.
Bright Update: Off-MLS Q&A Video
Bright Off-MLS Policy requires submitting listing within 1 business day of marketing
To provide transparency and access to information in the real estate marketplace, a listing must be submitted to Bright within 1 business day of marketing, according to a new policy created by the Bright Board of Directors.
The Bright Off-MLS policy encourages participation and helps ensure an open marketplace.
The MLS system encourages competition in the marketplace while also ensuring cooperation and compensation among real estate professionals. Full participation in the MLS ensures the seller has the largest possible marketplace, and the buyer has the widest possible selection. This policy will help provide transparency and access to information in the real estate marketplace.
Here is the new policy:
Within one business day of marketing a property to the public, the Participant must submit the listing to Bright MLS for cooperation with other Bright MLS Participants. Public marketing includes, but is not limited to, flyers displayed in windows, yard signs, digital marketing on public facing websites, brokerage website displays (including IDX and VOW), digital communications marketing (email blasts), multi-brokerage listing sharing networks, and applications available to the general public.
The policy has been added to the Bright Rules and Regulations. The policy is active as of October 16; however, fines will not be levied for non-compliance until December 1, 2019.
The new policy does not change Bright’s Coming Soon Status.
The Coming Soon status will continue to be available within the Bright system for listings that are not being shown, and actively marketed.
The policy also allows for Office Exclusives, or private listings, on the condition that they are not marketed to the public. This would be used, for example, for private sales and other situations where the seller has requested that their property not be listed in the MLS for privacy reasons.
Please note: If your seller requests that you not list their property in the MLS, you can submit a waiver. Any listing where the seller has decided to not market their property through the MLS are subject to the new Office Exclusive policy. Section 1.3 of the Bright Rules and Regulations discusses Waivers and Office Exclusives.
Our Accuracy and Policy team is available to help answer questions about this new policy. You can reach them Monday through Friday at (301) 838-7140 or OFFMLSLISTINGS@BrightMLS.com.
Bright MLS provides ongoing training, both in-person and through online resources.
- Click here to access a list of upcoming training sessions at Suburban West’s office in Malvern
- Click here to access video training modules on the Bright MLS YouTube channel
Even if you are fairly comfortable with the new system, changes will be ongoing, and even the smallest change can be uncomfortable or difficult to navigate. Your active participation and feedback will help ensure you can use Bright MLS to your best advantage. We ask that you please:
* Read your Bright emails.
* Attend training classes either in person or online.
* Take the actions requested in a timely manner.
* Look carefully at your listing data in Bright and share any discrepancies you find.
* Search the Online Help topics, watch videos, and take advantage of available resources.
Bright’s Support Center works with members to address problems that you may encounter within the system. Members can contact Bright Support 7 days a week via:
- Phone: 1-844-552-7444
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to brightmls.com for more information.